Saturday 7 April 2007

The day I found out my power adapter was spoilt

The day I found out that my power adapter was spoilt happened on Thursday evening. I was busily typing my correspondence while suddenly the power just went on.

I have earlier discovered that there wasn't any light linking the power adapter to my MacBook. I thought it could be the charger was fully charged, therefore no light should be necessary. How ignorant I was!

With just a subtle warning, in less than 10 minutes, my MacBook shut down and I couldn't resume my tasks for the rest of the evening. Reluctantly, I have to call it a night off.

The next morning was a public holiday. I needed to get my MacBook working so that I could accomplish my task as soon as possible. For the first time after giving birth to my son, I found purpose and desire to succeed in what I'm doing.

I could feel a sudden surge of enthusiasm and energy to accomplish what I'm set out to do. However, this would involve days and days of discipline at the computer. I could only do this when my little darling is asleep.

With permission from my mother-in-law, I set out to Wheelock to see whether anything can be done to my power adapter. The service person at the Apple iConcerge was dedicated to do a diagnostic test and confirm that the power adapter was the main culprit for the sudden switchoff.

I had no warranty card to determine whether there's still any warranty for my MacBook. My husband had earlier gotten this free MacBook when he subscribed the internet service from Singtel.

I was really amazed when the service person opened a casing from below the MacBook and type the serial number into their iMac. My warranty is still valid!!! Hooray!!! I was alarmed that if I had to buy a new set of power adapter, I have to fork out $148!!!

The service counter was closed on public holiday so I had to come back the next day.

It was quite a wait and when my turn was up, the service lady also did the same thing and determined that my warranty was valid. I could still extend my warranty for another 2 years but it would cost $300+. Well, I still have another few months to consider. Meanwhile, I was told to wait for at least another 3 days before they would sms me to collect my new power adapter.

I was kind of disappointed that they would not give me a temporary power adapter to work on my MacBook.

Guess what got me so excited for the past few nights?? 8P

No comments: